Medieval Europe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Crown Request for Archduke Dominique II of Blayk

4 posters

Go down

A Crown Request for Archduke Dominique II of Blayk Empty A Crown Request for Archduke Dominique II of Blayk

Post by Blayk Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:45 am

Greetings, Most Sacred Men of the Holy See.

As Advisor to the Archduke and Archbishop of Oriser, I, Vincent de Lyon wish to formally request the bestowal of a Royal Crown for my Liege, The most devout Archduke Dominique II of House de Vaugeois and any member of his lineage to come for the listed reasons below.

- Ever since his coronation in the year 988, The Archduke has proven himself a man of god, over his reign he has granted the Catholic Church more power in the realm, allowing for multiple Bishops to be elected as Honorary Counts. If a Royal Crown were to be granted, the Archduke would surely continue to spread the Church's power outside of his realm across the whole of France.

- As you all know as of late the British Isles have been plagued by heathens, heretics and vile creatures of all kinds. While other French Duchies have panicked and resorted to finding help in other European Nations, under the guidance of Dominique II, Blayk has slowly built up defences across its coastline in case of a invasion and would surely lead the push of Christendom back into the Isles if his Holiness the Pope called for it.

- In many ways, with increased legitimacy and power, Blayk under the rule of Archduke or King if the Holy See wills it, Dominique II could form a strong buffer state against the northern heathens stretching from the mouth of the Seine, across the Somme and all the way to the Mouth of the Rhine.

I await you judgement in eagerness.
~ Archbishop Vincent de Lyon
Blayk
Blayk

Back to top Go down

A Crown Request for Archduke Dominique II of Blayk Empty Re: A Crown Request for Archduke Dominique II of Blayk

Post by Varasd Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:11 am

Cardinal Bakocz

Greetings!

I have no intention to be dubious of your Lord's intentions, but... We have heard these arguments before. Before I cast my vote, answer me one question, brother:

Your Lord is ready to defend Christendom against the Northern heathens, but would he be willing to answer the call to arms to liberate Britannia, or another province, from their grasp?
Varasd
Varasd
Admin

https://medeu.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

A Crown Request for Archduke Dominique II of Blayk Empty Re: A Crown Request for Archduke Dominique II of Blayk

Post by Blayk Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:24 am

Varasd wrote:Cardinal Bakocz

Greetings!

I have no intention to be dubious of your Lord's intentions, but... We have heard these arguments before. Before I cast my vote, answer me one question, brother:

Your Lord is ready to defend Christendom against the Northern heathens, but would he be willing to answer the call to arms to liberate Britannia, or another province, from their grasp?

Archbishop Vincent de Lyon

In the words of the Archduke himself, "If god wills it, it shall be done, no matter the cost."
It is Dominique II.'s firm belief that the liberation of lands, be it from heretic or heathen shall always a righteous cause and that if his realm were to be called to arms against a foe of the Catholic Church he would gladly answer the call, be it with gold or steel.
Blayk
Blayk

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingdom of Calabria Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:24 am

Cardinal Germano Nascimbeni: "God wills many things; Kings will many more. What assurance does His Eminence, Basil I, have that your Archduke, once granted power, will not yield it against Rome or other Catholic nations? After all, a man with the taste of power may decide to keep eating until his hunger is satiated."
Kingdom of Calabria
Kingdom of Calabria

Back to top Go down

Post by Blayk Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:46 am

Kingdom of Calabria wrote:Cardinal Germano Nascimbeni:  "God wills many things; Kings will many more.  What assurance does His Eminence, Basil I, have that your Archduke, once granted power, will not yield it against Rome or other Catholic nations?  After all, a man with the taste of power may decide to keep eating until his hunger is satiated."

I can give you my word that my Lord, Dominique II would not betray Rome. I strongly believe he is wise enough to see that doing so would surely destabilize his lands, much of which is governed by fellow Men of God, might I add and that the Archduke is strong enough in his mind to not allow himself to be corrupted by the increased power that the granting of a crown by the Holy See would bring.
Blayk
Blayk

Back to top Go down

Post by House of Judah Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:19 am

The "Crown Request for Archduke Dominique II" is now open for discussion for the College of Cardinals for 7 days. Every cardinal is requested to voice their opinion on this matter, and to submit their vote in the following format after their arguments.

Crown Request for Archduke Dominique II: for/against/abstain
House of Judah
House of Judah

Back to top Go down

Post by Blayk Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:56 am

Cardinal Edmond de Saint-Pierre

As the elected Cardinal of the Archduchy of Blayk, I wish to formally abstain from the voting on the matter of Archduke Dominique II's request for a Royal Crown, as to not bias the vote.
Blayk
Blayk

Back to top Go down

Post by Varasd Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:59 am

Cardinal Bakocz

I take the Archduke's word, and believe that he shall help Rome when he is called to aid.

I am in favour of this request.
Varasd
Varasd
Admin

https://medeu.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingdom of Calabria Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:30 pm

The Calabrese Cardinals

"Germano Nascimbeni and I, Federico Iannuzzi, are both in favor of granting a crown. Germano mentioned to me that he would like to see these Coastline Defenses."
Kingdom of Calabria
Kingdom of Calabria

Back to top Go down

Post by House of Judah Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:11 am

Basil I

"This matter receives official support from the College of Cardinals and the Bishop of Rome.  As such, I do name your liege Dominique de Vaugeois, the first of his name, King of Blayk."

OOC:
House of Judah
House of Judah

Back to top Go down

Post by Blayk Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:35 am

"Thank you, Most Holy Ones.
I have a courier send message to my liege that the Archduchy of Blayk shall be no more, but in it's place the Kingdom of Blayk shall live forever more, as the only true successor of Charlemagne's Empire!"
Blayk
Blayk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down