Medieval Europe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Nobles Request for Kingdom in Scotland

2 posters

Go down

A Nobles Request for Kingdom in Scotland Empty A Nobles Request for Kingdom in Scotland

Post by Canmore Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:43 pm

Greetings to the mighty and just order that is the Hole See. I, Malcom II, do humbly request for a royal kingship for myself and my descendants. The reasons for this are:

I. Scotland has recently been united and is a bit too large to be considered a Petty Kingdom.

II. I myself, as well as my family, are devout supporters of the holy catholic church, and a crown would give us much more far reaching influence over religious affairs in our region of Britain, which means more holy men and church buildings in Scotland.

III. We face a large and growing well-known menace in the North. As Rorukheim has invaded the Isles, Scotland needs a king, and at this time especially.

Thank you for your consideration, and I eagerly await your response.
Canmore
Canmore

Back to top Go down

A Nobles Request for Kingdom in Scotland Empty Re: A Nobles Request for Kingdom in Scotland

Post by Grand Auvergne Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:28 pm

"To the faithful and honorable Malcom of Scotland,

We, Pope Benoit V, hear your demand for a crown and it's under favorable auspices that we can announce you that your wish is granted.

With this letter come a crown forged in Rome, as a physical manifestation of your kingship. May you and your family protect it well, as it is the symbol of your duties to God and to your peoples.

We let the archbishop of Edinburgh and Cardinal, Brian Maknab , officiate at the coronation, following the traditions of your realm. May this day be one of joy and of feast for all of your loyal subjects.

Finally, we have heard about the northerners threat upon your lands, and we share your concern. This is why we twice bless you on this day : once for you to never fail under the weight of your new crown, and the other, so Our Lord may always be with you in this time of chaos.

May you bring peace and the good news to your lands, and may your faith in Your Savior never falter,

Pontifex Benedictus V, Successor principis apostolorum, Vicarius Christi.
"
Grand Auvergne
Grand Auvergne

Back to top Go down