Medieval Europe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The College of Cardinals

+17
Grand Auvergne
Rhenish Principality
Connaught-Munster Eire
Firenzo
Blayk
Arcaydea
Scilenia
Montresque
Kingdom of Calabria
The Ruthen State
Sǣxenland
Ebsotz
Cybelos [ERE]
Saudi Babylonia
House of Judah
Uili Fianna
Varasd
21 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The College of Cardinals - Page 3 Empty Re: The College of Cardinals

Post by Varasd Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:15 pm

However, there is, once again, one open seat in the College of Cardinals. Nominees can volunteer now!
Varasd
Varasd
Admin

https://medeu.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by House of Judah Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:48 am

I nominate Bishop Amos of Antioch.
House of Judah
House of Judah

Back to top Go down

Post by Varasd Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:28 am

House of Judah wrote:I nominate Bishop Amos of Antioch.

The nomination has been noted - we will give two days for other nations to show their nominees, and if there is none, Amos of Antioch shall be Cardinal.
Varasd
Varasd
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scilenia Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:13 am

To the Holy College Of Cardinals
I, Bishop Makar René of Romaniium, would like to represent the Duchy of Romaniium as a Cardinal in this holy college. The people of Romaniium have followed in the Roman teachings since its founding, and we wish to show our devotion by establishing a deeper connection with the Roman church, with the approval of the pope and Cardinals, by having myself as a member of the College. I hope you will allow myself this honor.

May the Holy Lord bless you,
Bishop Makar René
Scilenia
Scilenia

Back to top Go down

Post by Varasd Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:23 pm

His Holiness the Pope has died, and we need to elect a new leader of the Catholic Church. The list of the Cardinals who can vote and be voted are the following:

1. - Cardinal Makar René (of Romaniium)
2. - Cardinal Germano Nascimbeni (of Calabria)
3. - Cardinal Daniel (of Judah)
4. - Cardinal Amos (of Judah) 
5. - Cardinal Johannes (of Ebsotz)
6. - Cardinal Federico Iannuzzi (of Calabria)
7. - Cardinal Bakocz (of Varasd)

Every Cardinal has 1 vote, and the Cardinal with the most votes wins. The most endorsed Cardinal must have at least 4 votes in order to become Pope. Nobody can vote for themselves. The voting will last until there is a new Pope.

Last edited by Varasd on Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Varasd
Varasd
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scilenia Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:49 pm

I vote for Cardinal Federico Iannizzi.
Scilenia
Scilenia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybelos [ERE] Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:20 pm

Lysander paced back and forth in his cell, longing for the feather pillows his old parsonage provided. Heavy footsteps flooded the stone chamber.

Lysander couldn't believe what he was hearing "What? A vote? You're not serious? Ha! Very well, I nominate Bishop Theron, of Athens. Let him heal the Roman church." Lysander had a little laughing fit "Seriously?" He managed in between laughs.

OOC: Seriously?
Cybelos [ERE]
Cybelos [ERE]

Back to top Go down

Post by Varasd Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:37 pm

Cybelos wrote:Lysander paced back and forth in his cell, longing for the feather pillows his old parsonage provided. Heavy footsteps flooded the stone chamber.

Lysander couldn't believe what he was hearing "What? A vote? You're not serious? Ha! Very well, I nominate Bishop Theron, of Athens. Let him heal the Roman church." Lysander had a little laughing fit "Seriously?" He managed in between laughs.

OOC: Seriously?

[OOC: I feel like a total dumb*ss right now. Lysander is out of voting, and of the CoC. Sorry! ]
Varasd
Varasd
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingdom of Calabria Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:55 pm

Cardinal Germano Nascimbeni: "Brothers, listen close.  Heed my words.  The rumblings in the East are great.  Great enough to have reached Rome and to have swallowed up the life of our Holy Father, and the Cardinalship of my good friend Lysander.  I fear the world will cleave in two, if it has not already begun!  What are we to do?  My answer to this query is found in a Cardinal who's home country has no allegiance to either Rome or Constantinople.

"I have prayed to the Lord, asked for His Guidance, and He showed me a vision: On Mount Moriah God overturned a bushel, revealing a lighted lamp.  From the bushel issued a cooling wind, which spoke to me, 'Let your light shine before men; that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.'

"The vision is clear.  What we need now, more than anything, are the Good Works of Mercy.  Mercy and Forgiveness could, nay, will be needed with our dealings with Constantinople.  Who among us has embodied that most?  Especially when it came to my countryman, the disgraced Piero Cosenza?

Cardinal Iannuzzi has allowed me to speak on his behalf.  We vote as one voice.  We vote as one church.  We vote for Cardinal Daniel."
Kingdom of Calabria
Kingdom of Calabria

Back to top Go down

Post by Varasd Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:16 pm

Cardinal Bakocz: "Brothers! Listen! It is true that Cardinal Daniel has proven much towards the Church. He is a wise pastor who guides and protects this flock.
However, before embracing this idea, I would like to hear Cardinal Daniel himself speak about what his plans would be, if he was to be elected head of the Church.

Why is allegiance to Rome bad, brother Nascimbeni? The Calabrian people have showed many times that they take protecting the true faith seriously. The Archduke was ready to cooperate with His Holiness, and he takes the campaign against the Bogumils seriously.

I believe whom we need now is one who will protect Rome, how Pope Gregory the Great protected Rome from both the power-hungry Byzantine Empire, and the arianic heretic Longobards.

For now, I vote for You, Cardinal Ianuzzi!
"

(OOC: So far:
Cardinal Daniel - 2 votes
Cardinal Federico Iannizzi - 2 votes)
Varasd
Varasd
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingdom of Calabria Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:26 pm

Cardinal Nascimbeni: "Allegience to Rome is not by itself bad. That is not the genesis of my argument. Nor is the genesis my home country and countrymen. If the Papacy is some kind of reward then by all means: Archduke Saverio should be elected from his deathbed! Allegience, by it's nature, implies partiality.

"Instead, let us turn away from earthly tallies of moral goodness and the earthly rewards for such behavior. Let us consider the words of our First Pope, and the Keeper of The Keys, Saint Peter. Jesus tasked him with the beginings of His Church, and it was he who said 'I most certainly understand now that God is not one to show partiality, but in every nation the man who fears Him and does what is right is welcome to Him.'

"Now is not the time for rewards. Now is the time to do what is Good, Holy, and Righteous."
Kingdom of Calabria
Kingdom of Calabria

Back to top Go down

Post by House of Judah Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:37 am

“My Sicilian brothers speak rightly,” said Cardinal Amos.  “Surely, there is none among us who can compare to Cardinal Daniel for piety or humility.  He has personally guided the Christian journeys of faith of the lowest peasant and the most majestic king.  He has, by any measure, not just succeeded but indeed surpassed all reasonable expectation in shepherding a community of Christians in that most difficult of circumstances, within a realm of those who know Christ and yet reject his divinity and salvation.  Indeed, he holds the ear of the King in Jerusalem, and with that holding does defend and advance the Christian cause in the Holy Land.  He is wise beyond reckoning, and would serve Christ in all the world as he does now in the Holy Land.  I cast my ballot for my dear friend and mentor, Cardinal Daniel.”

Cardinal Daniel had not believed he was capable of blushing as deeply as he felt assured that he was at that time.  The praise, he felt, was too much from the other Cardinals, especially from Cardinal Amos whom he had once tutored and guided when he was just a young priest.  He rose from where he was seated and began speaking.

“I thank my brothers for their kind words.  I am truly humbled that God has moved so many of you to call upon me to serve God, Christ and his church in such a manner.  I had never thought to rise so high as to be considered worthy.

“I speak plainly to you all.  Christendom has suffered under grievous wounds.  The Bogomil heresy has sieged and taken the Balkans from civilization and the Christian world itself has been rent in two by this schism with the Greek Church.  We cannot survive under these continued ruptures.  You ask me what I would do if elected to the chair of Saint Peter, Cardinal Bakocz?  I would heal us.  I would mend this schism with Constantinople, and ensure such breaches occur not again.  We have need of reforms within our Church to better serve our flock.  I would propose that bishops be raised within each of the provinces of the various realms, that each province may benefit from the direct attentions and organizations of such a priest, and that we raise from among these bishops an archbishop for each realm to organize and guide the bishops of the realm.  And just as I would expand the ranks of the priesthood, so too would I expand this chamber.  One of the most damning of the grievances levied upon us is that we do not hear from all of our flock.  I would see at the very least a cardinal from each realm where adherents of the Universal Church are, as well as any priest I find to be particularly active for the purpose of Mother Church.

“If it is the finding of this College that I am unsuited to this task, however, I do believe that Cardinal Ianizzi will assuredly make a fine steward of Christ’s Church.”
House of Judah
House of Judah

Back to top Go down

Post by Varasd Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:37 am

Cardinal Bakocz listened carefully to the words of Cardinal Daniel. He nodded respectfully as he said "I would heal us". When Cardinal Daniel ended his speech, Cardinal Bakocz stood up, and said:

"My brother, you speak of wisdom! A few words, and now I know what I only expected earlier. You would be a true leader of the Church, and we could not wish for anyone better. I change my vote. It is not against you, Cardinal Ianizzi, I believe you are a man of strong faith as well.

I vote for Cardinal Daniel.

I believe that sets it. We can tell the people: Habemus Papam!
"

(OOC: So far:
Cardinal Daniel - 4 votes
Cardinal Federico Iannizzi - 2 votes

With 6 votes cast, 4 votes for Daniel, he has the 4 votes majority required. He is now pope!
Judah, feel free to write your own post about how Daniel reacted and was declared pope in the World Events thread. Once you choose a name for him, I'll update the papal chambers.)
Varasd
Varasd
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by House of Judah Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:05 pm

There is an open seat on the College of Cardinals. Make your nominations now. Ye shall have seven days. (I realize that the appointment of Cardinals is currently subject to a discussion of reformation. The old system is not gone yet so we will still use it.)
House of Judah
House of Judah

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcaydea Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:04 am

The Duchy of Arcaydea would like to nominate the bishop of Lemain for a cardinalship.
Arcaydea
Arcaydea

Back to top Go down

Post by House of Judah Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:09 am

Your nomination has been noted. If there are no other nominations before next Sunday, he shall have the post by default.

I also nominate Father Saul, soon to be installed as the new Bishop of Jerusalem.
House of Judah
House of Judah

Back to top Go down

Post by House of Judah Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:15 am

The Bishop of Lemain (whatever his name is) is hereby inducted into the College of Cardinals, as is Bishop Saul of Jerusalem.
House of Judah
House of Judah

Back to top Go down

Post by Blayk Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:18 am

The Archduchy of Blayk wishes to nominate The Bishop of Marcourt, Edmond de Saint-Pierre for Cardinalship.
Blayk
Blayk

Back to top Go down

Post by House of Judah Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:35 am

Blayk wrote:The Archduchy of Blayk wishes to nominate The Bishop of Marcourt, Edmond de Saint-Pierre for Cardinalship.
Welcome to the College of Cardinals, Brother.
House of Judah
House of Judah

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebsotz Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:34 am

On behalf of the Royal Seal of the Ebsotzian Empire, I would like to change my Cardinal's name to Cardinal Bartholomew of Ybbsitz.
Ebsotz
Ebsotz

Back to top Go down

The College of Cardinals - Page 3 Empty Imperial Statement

Post by Ebsotz Tue May 03, 2016 5:44 am

The Royal Empire of Ebsotz, in Central Europe, is officially declaring it's imperial statehood.

https://medeu.rpg-board.net/t102-a-statement-for-the-imperial-crown#1482
Ebsotz
Ebsotz

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenzo Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:51 pm

The College of Cardinals - Page 3 Kinogallery.com-f-three-musketeers2-179-w-150-iar-1-q-80

I, Ennio Morricone, Archbishop of Florence, hereby declare my utmost request of being integrated within the holy College of Cardinals.  The most Serene Republic of Firenzo and its respectable Gonfaloniere send their blessings to you, the Holy Father, and wishes that the Vatican will prosper continuously under your leadership, guided by our Lord. Ever since I was chosen, by faith, to be the Archbishop of Florence, I've dedicated myself to defend and spread the will of our Lord within and further beyond our borders. One vital thing I must mention is the passion for our Italian culture that I display and during all those years, I've successfully incorporated many notable pieces of art thanks to our skilled craftsmen and fine artists, and now Florence is not like anything you'd seen before. If you chose me to be at your side and faithfully serve the Lord much closer, I promise that the Vatican shall receive a total enlightenment of change in terms of artistry and fine etiquette.

Deus Vult,
Archbishop of Florence, Ennio Morricone
Firenzo
Firenzo

Back to top Go down

Post by House of Judah Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:42 pm

We welcome our brother, Archbishop Ennio Morricone, into our College, that he might bring the wisdoms of his enlightenment to Rome and all of Mother Church. May the Living God smile upon him.

Basilius Primus, Bishop of Rome
House of Judah
House of Judah

Back to top Go down

Post by Connaught-Munster Eire Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:30 pm

Name of Cardinal:

Patrick the Kind of Éire

High King Séamus is attempting to convert as much of Éire to Catholicism as possible. Eastern Ireland is mostly pagan, so Connaught and Munster are attempting to convert the people to Catholicism. This will help if irish are encouraged to take place in papal government.

Patrick the Kind is hereby nominated as the official West-Irish Cardinal.
Connaught-Munster Eire
Connaught-Munster Eire

Back to top Go down

Post by House of Judah Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:25 pm

We welcome our Irish brothers in their quest to bring the blessing of Mother Church to their kinsman who have not yet heard the word of our Lord, Jesus Christ, and seat a representative of their Christian brotherhood into our College.

Basilius Primus, Bishop of Rome
House of Judah
House of Judah

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum