Medieval Europe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The College of Cardinals

+17
Grand Auvergne
Rhenish Principality
Connaught-Munster Eire
Firenzo
Blayk
Arcaydea
Scilenia
Montresque
Kingdom of Calabria
The Ruthen State
Sǣxenland
Ebsotz
Cybelos [ERE]
Saudi Babylonia
House of Judah
Uili Fianna
Varasd
21 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

The College of Cardinals - Page 5 Empty Re: The College of Cardinals

Post by Grand Auvergne Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:02 pm

Varasd wrote:Cardinal Bakocz:

The Cardinal stood up after thinking about the matters for a minute or two, then said:

"I wholeheartedly agree with these motions. However, as this College suggested before at the crowning of Kings - the right of investiture should be in the hands of the Church."

"Thank you brother. Is there anyone else in this assembly that wishes to speak ?

If not, then we shall sign, in the name of the Pope, the documents officializing the Peace of God in all Christian realms, and one of our Legate will come and guide the Dux Arvenii to Rome, to be crowned Rex Francorum."
Grand Auvergne
Grand Auvergne

Back to top Go down

Post by Varasd Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:48 am

Cardinal Bakocz:

"Concerning my parts, I have no further concerns."
Varasd
Varasd
Admin

https://medeu.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Grand Auvergne Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:17 pm

Vice-Chancellor Benoit :

"Then, We hereby declare upon all lands who recognize the authority of God, of the Holy See and of the Apostolates, the Installation of a heavenly Peace, protecting the peoples from thoses who want them harm. If any shall break this Peace of God, then only free and honest redemption will save his soul.

We also Thereby declare that we recognize Berenger Longcrin as Rex Francorum and that he is legitimate in his claim. He shall come to Rome to be Anointed, so that now blessed by the Holy Spirit, he can serves as the protector of his peoples."
Grand Auvergne
Grand Auvergne

Back to top Go down

Post by Grand Auvergne Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:54 pm

Brothers, as you know, God took back his Holiness Basil from us. There was tears, laments, cries, but in the end who are we to question the rigthness of our Holy Father's decisions ? We must now take away the black clothes, dry our eyes and return to our most urgents matters. Because now, the faithful peoples are left without a shepperd to guide them. A new Pope needs to be elected and this is the reason of our reunion today. We will discuss, we will debate and we will pray so He can reveal to us the one He chose to guide His people.

I served you as Vice-chancellor during thoses long years. Why did Basil leave us that day ? We will never know. We have to keep going forward, to defend our so much threatened herds and to offer them safety and peace until the Judgment Day. This is why, brothers, I humbly present my candidature for the Holy See, wishing to keep working for you and Christianity as I did as a Vice-chancellor.

If anyone else wish to present himself, may he let us know. If not, then let the simple majority decide tp who will inherit the flame pass down generations after generations since Saint Peter himself.
Grand Auvergne
Grand Auvergne

Back to top Go down

Post by Varasd Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:31 am

Cardinal Bakocz:

Vice-Chancellor Benoit, you have proven yourself of humility, wisdom and faith as you handled the affairs of the Church. I support your nomination wholeheartedly!
Varasd
Varasd
Admin

https://medeu.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by adromedan Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:57 pm

Holy Father, I am Denato Benza, the Bishop of Naples and I would like to request the title of Cardinal of Naples. I have been working here for many years and would like to represent the Kingdom of Naples in Rome.
adromedan
adromedan

Back to top Go down

Post by Grand Auvergne Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:53 am

To the Bishop of Naples, Denato Benza,

We, have kept an eyes over your work and it is a pleasure to see you return to us. As for the title of Cardinal, we welcome you and the nation you represent in our College.

We welcome the southern Italy in the Mother Church, and pray for the Lord to give us a bright futur.

In faith,

Vice-Chancellor Benoit of Aurillac.
Grand Auvergne
Grand Auvergne

Back to top Go down

Post by House of Judah Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:44 pm

Cardinal Saul of Jerusalem

We come together in approval of our brother, and Amos and myself vote in favor of Vice-Chancellor Benoit rising to the chair of Saint Peter.

Habemus Papam!
House of Judah
House of Judah

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybelos [ERE] Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:58 pm

Emperor John read over his letter from Strategos Euphranor. If a cantankerous man like that could forget his personal feelings for the betterment of his salvation, then there was still hope that the two churches could forget their fueds and begin talks again.

To begin warming relations, a Catholic Bishop from Illyria, the portion of the Empire with the greatest Catholic population, would be sent to Rome to apply for Cardinalship.

Emperor John sent letter to his father Alexander, the Despot of Illyria, asking for him to find a kind, humble Catholic Bishop, with compassion for the Orthodox Christians.

Who Alexander found was the Bishop of Verona, Teobaldo.
A man who Alexander wished to see Rome grant the title of archbishop.
But this appointment would prove even better.
Teobaldo was a good man for Alexander to look to in order to determine the general mood of the Catholics of Illyria, and his name was known in Venice, Idassa, and all other major cities of the Despotate, and so this would be a sign of good will to the Catholics from Alexander, and therefore, Emperor John.

Teobaldo arrived in Rome shortly after Alexander's decision.
It was less than a week's ride away from Verona, and so the Bishop showed no sign of attrition, even for a man of his years.

The man now stood before the college and spoke:
"His Majesty, Emperor John wishes for the Greek Christians to be treated with dignity, and likewise wishes for Catholics of his realm to be treated just as fairly, so that we may heal the church."

"Brothers, Your Eminence, I humbly request the title of Cardinal, so that I may better represent the Catholics of the Empire."
Cybelos [ERE]
Cybelos [ERE]

Back to top Go down

Post by Grand Auvergne Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:34 pm

Benoit VIII and his ministers have spent long days debating the reorganization of the Catholic Church, and the creation of new Primates and Archdioceses has always been central to theses discussions. Especially for the "Greek Catholics" of Illyria and elsewhere. After all, it was only normal for them to be treated like their brothers in faith, but should the Emperor be given such a way to influence the Papacy ?

The arrival of Teobaldo in Rome put an end to theses endless discussions. In the Latran Palace, the Pope looked at the Bishop of Verona before him.

Xavier and other agents of the Pope looked into Teobaldo's past, and he proved to be surprisingly clean, up to his reputation. If there was something, they needed more time to find it.

This was good enough for Benoit.

"Brother." He said. "Our brothers in faith in the Empire have not been forgotten. It will be a pleasure to see you in this August College, as our Brother and a Cardinal. May you always follow God's wishes and serve well your flocks."
Grand Auvergne
Grand Auvergne

Back to top Go down

Post by Coilgleann Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:22 pm

Coilgleann wishes to nominate Bishop Eochaid mac Dunlang for the role of Cardinal.
The College of Cardinals - Page 5 Monk11

Coilgleann

Back to top Go down

Post by Grand Auvergne Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:56 am

It is a pleasure for us to welcome Bishop Mac Dunlang in the college of cardinal. May the Lord always inspire him in his task.
Grand Auvergne
Grand Auvergne

Back to top Go down

Post by Grand Auvergne Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:04 pm

The original demand from Telestis Palatinus

Benoit V :

Brothers of the August College, I lay before you the demands of Telestis Palatinus, Duke of Milan, to be crowned king of Italy, with the terms of the accord presented with them.

As per the customs and laws of the Latium, we will now debate and vote yes, or no, to this matter. If a majority is found, then the vote will be closed and a decision made.

Now brothers, may God give us wisdom.
Grand Auvergne
Grand Auvergne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum