Medieval Europe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Great Hall of Rorukheim

+3
Auldenland
Werjin
Drangavik
7 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Great Hall of Rorukheim Empty The Great Hall of Rorukheim

Post by Rorukheim Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:30 am

The Great Hall of Rorukheim Search?q=nordic+wolf+banner&client=safari&hl=en-us&prmd=isvn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwium72-7KfXAhWL4yYKHRrfAMYQ_AUIEigB&biw=375&bih=630#imgdii=CT8cIblEoAANWM:&imgrc=BxI7wVpREgN1gM:
This is the court of Konge Ragnar, in Jorrvaskr. Jorrvaskr is located in the Cape of Ymir and one of the oldest cities in Scandinavia. The ruling house is the House of Wolves. The environment is warm summer and bitterly cold winters. Winter sea storms are common and deadly. Pines surround the snow peaked mountains.
The Court of Jorrvaskr is meant to keep all Jarls under Konge Ragnar checked, and to act as the negotiating branch of the government. Although they care little about what's happening in the south, unless it involves Rorukheim.

High Council-
King Ragnar- Ruler of Rorukheim and head of the court. No decision can be passed without his approval, unless he's away then Queen Skadi will decide for him(38)
Queen Skadi- Queen of Rorukheim. Will decide for Ragnar if he's away(37)
Jarl Ivar- Ragnar's brother, Jarl of Viborg(37)
Jarl Håkon- Jarl of Skeon, Ragnar's other brother(35)
Jarl Rogovan- Ragnar's son, Jarl of Stravanger(22)
Jarl Torvi- Jarl of Firdafylki(23)
Jarl Floki- Jarl of Vestmar(40)
Jarl Bjorn- Jarl of Kattegat(34)

Minor important figures-
Athelstan- former priest of the Catholic Church, acts as Ragnar's translator
Ubba- The High Shaman of Rorukheim.

Common languages of Rorukheim
Norwegian
Swedish
Finnish
German

Last edited by Rorukheim on Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:46 am; edited 16 times in total
Rorukheim
Rorukheim

Back to top Go down

The Great Hall of Rorukheim Empty Re: The Great Hall of Rorukheim

Post by Rorukheim Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:30 pm

Due to expansion and the upcoming invaison of Sweden, the court of Rorukheim orders 20 more ships to be added to the fleet
10 Longships
10 Knarr
Rorukheim
Rorukheim

Back to top Go down

Post by Drangavik Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:08 am

Jarl Torstein
Jorrvaskr Gate

A lone rider clad in heavy furs slowly rides from a treeline, headed towards the gate. Just as he is spotted, ten more ride from the forest. All clad in heavy furs. Once close enough to be within ear shot, the first to ride from the forest speaks up, "I hail to you from the lands to the East! Under Konge Bjørn Gädda the Bold of Drangavik!" As he says this, the lot of men begin to cheer, in a small moot. You suspect them to be religious warriors, known as both 'Beserkers' and 'Ulfhednar'.

"We come in talks of peace, and prosperity! I seek word from the king of these lands!"
Drangavik
Drangavik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rorukheim Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:19 pm

The guards look at each and nod. The crank the wheels to raise the heavy iron gate. Slowly the gate rises. "You may enter!" One of the guards shouts back. Your party goes through the gate and on to the giant stone bridge that leads to the capital of Rorukheim, Jorrvaskr. Beyond the first gate and the city walls is another gate. It's wooden but it's Iron reinforced. The main gate swings open revealing a shadowy figure. As you approach, the figure calls out. "Hallo fellow northmen! I am Lydia, personal guard to Ragnar! I will lead you to his hall! Please follow me."
Rorukheim
Rorukheim

Back to top Go down

Post by Drangavik Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:16 am

Jarl Torstein and his band of warriors silently follow the lady, watching the town all around them.
Drangavik
Drangavik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rorukheim Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:29 am

The see many citizens rushing about their day. Merchants are hollering at their stalls. Children act as warriors and fight in the streets. Heavily armed warriors are drinking and singing together. A great fire looms in the center of the town, surrounding it is a mead hall. You pass under a arch into the hold's court yard. Wolf banners fly all around you. Lydia nods at the guards and they open the doors into the hold. You enter into a lard hall. Inside there's two long tables that look like they could 24 men each. A fire divided each table. In the back there a smaller circular table. You notice it only has 12 seats and in the middle of them is a throne with wolf carvings. Sitting in it is none other than Ragnar himself, on the seats next to him are 6 Jarls, his children and his wife. Ragnar just stares at the party. Armored Thanes line the room
Rorukheim
Rorukheim

Back to top Go down

Post by Rorukheim Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:30 am

Lydia walks forward and takes a seat near Ragnar
Rorukheim
Rorukheim

Back to top Go down

Post by Drangavik Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:41 am

As they walk to the hall the Jarl would speak to his own men, "Go get supplies for the ride back!". He continues into the hall as his men storm off. He walks up to the fire centering the room, studying it. He begins to warm his hands as he looks to Ragnar, "I am Jarl Torstein, Head Shaman and personal advisor to Konge Bjørn in Drangavik. I come to you to discuss terms of a mutually beneficial marriages between our two kingdoms."
Drangavik
Drangavik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rorukheim Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:47 am

Most of the Jarls and royalty have stern faces, except one. Jarl Floki has an unsettling smile. Ragnar nods "And what are your terms to marrying my daughter?"
Rorukheim
Rorukheim

Back to top Go down

Post by Drangavik Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:00 am

Torstein locks eyes with Floki before letting out a startling loud laugh, "I seek not to marry your daughter, for I shall take no wife! Konge Bjørn had thought of attempting to arrange his secondborn son, to your secondborn daughter."
Drangavik
Drangavik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rorukheim Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:36 am

Jarl Floki burst out laughing. Following suit so does all the other Jarls and even Ragnar. "Stop it!" He says through chuckles "I'm trying to be serious, this is a serious meeting!" Still keeps laughing. "Alright alright. Come friend! Let's us drink and eat! Your party and you must be famished!" He waves his hand at one of the servants and they scurry away. "Well discuss business after the feasting!"
Rorukheim
Rorukheim

Back to top Go down

Post by Drangavik Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:07 am

Torstein clasps his hands together, shaking them. "I suggest that is an acceptance?", as he walks to the table that seats the many Jarls. He would look down the row, attempting to eye down Rozura Wildborn, "Where is she now?"
Drangavik
Drangavik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rorukheim Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:16 am

"Oh she is off on a hunt right now, with her sister Brynhild and brother Tordek." He says "They left a few hours ago, should return quite soon."
Rorukheim
Rorukheim

Back to top Go down

Post by Rorukheim Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:22 am

As if on cue the door swings open. Enters Rozura, Brynhild, and Tordek. Rozura stands in the center of the group. There is a sled with a blanket over it behind them. "Father!" She calls out then lifts the blanket revealing a dead boar "look what we caught!". She finally takes notice of Tordstein. "Impressive daughter" replies Ragnar "I liked to introduce you to Jarl Tordstein of Drangavik."
Rorukheim
Rorukheim

Back to top Go down

Post by Drangavik Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:52 am

Torstein would smile, raising his arms and walking towards her, "You! You shall be his wife! A shieldmaiden, by the looks of it aswell! I'm here to discuss your wedding with Konge Bjørn Gädda the Bold of Drangavik's secondborn son!"
Drangavik
Drangavik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rorukheim Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:23 am

She blushes "Only if he's a good fighter and good looking too. I want to see him in combat." Ragnar rolls his eyes the speaks. "What do you have in mind, Rozura?". Rozura looks firmly into Torstein eyes "I want go on a raid with you guys. I want to see his skills personally." Ragnar smiled a wolfish grin. "What do you think Torstein?"
Rorukheim
Rorukheim

Back to top Go down

Post by Drangavik Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:33 am

Torstein quickly turns around, his eyes wide, "Yes, yes! A raid is being planned by Konge Bjorn now!", he trails off mumbling to himself. "We will add another ship to the four, yes, yes! Your daughter here will be accompanied with Konge Bjørn Gädda's finest warriors! It was previously not planned to have Eirik come along, but it is no matter!" he would then quickly storm from the hall, screaming for his warriors before they would run back to him, "We return! We must notify Konge Bjorn of the news had here today!".
Drangavik
Drangavik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rorukheim Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:44 am

"I will prepare my men, although after this raid, I expect we'll return to business. Until then Odin guide you friend."
Rorukheim
Rorukheim

Back to top Go down

Post by Drangavik Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:07 am

Torstein begins to lightly giggle and twiddle his fingers as he strides away, "Thor guide us all!"
Drangavik
Drangavik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rorukheim Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:15 am

I'm building more ships and I got a new unit I wanna try out
+1,000 Varangian Guard
+30 Knarr
Rorukheim
Rorukheim

Back to top Go down

Post by Werjin Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:14 am

The Docks of Oslo, Rorukheim
Diplomat Scot MacDonald had just arrived under Duke O'Brien's head. The finest diplomat in Ireland, he contrastingly had more of a Scottish accent, but was considered good enough. Under orders to open diplomatic discussion with other nations was his goal; to support a united Ireland as a kingdom would be well exceeding it.

It took a good half hour walk to find his way around Oslo, but he finally made it to the court of the king. "'Scuse me," he asked the guards loud enough to get their attention. "I hail from the western isles and wish to have a word with your king on behalf of Duke Sean O'Brien of the United Duchy of Ireland. We come in peace."
Werjin
Werjin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rorukheim Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:21 am

One of the guards looks at Scot, then at at the other guard, "Hva er det han sier?" The other shrugs "Jeg vet ikke. Han snakker som noen av sørstatene fra da jeg pleide å raide."
Rorukheim
Rorukheim

Back to top Go down

Post by Werjin Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:56 pm

"Sorry lads," he replied, confused by their language. He had not had the luxury of learning Scandinavian languages as they often raided and looted Ireland, leaving no room for negotiation. "But I'm afraid I don't understand a word you are saying. Perhaps a translator will smooth things out?"
Werjin
Werjin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rorukheim Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:09 am

The guards, growing more confused of what he's saying, look at eachother again. "Kanskje den kristne vil forstå ham?" says guard one. "Jeg henter den kristne. Du blir her og se ham. Ikke la ham dra." says the second guard. The second guard leaves, leaving Scot and guard one. Guard one just stares at Scot.
Rorukheim
Rorukheim

Back to top Go down

Post by Werjin Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:06 am

"Uh... hi?"
Scot stood there with the guard awkwardly, waving his hand at him.
Werjin
Werjin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next