Medieval Europe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Court of Tolassot

3 posters

Go down

Court of Tolassot Empty Court of Tolassot

Post by Tolassot Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:51 am

This thread will showcase the RP within the realm of Tolassot. Diagrams, RP, and other local events will be posted here
---

Within the halls of a renovated palace on the island of Corsica, located near the northern shore, the Royal Family lives in humble luxury in comparison to other Christian and Muslim rulers. There is a code of laws that dictate life outside of the island, but largely the world inside of it is a world apart from the mainland.

In Court:

Peter Hedjan- King, 60 years old (Deceased)
Florian Hedjan- Prince-Elect, 16 (Alive)
Alice Hedjan-Karlson- Queen-Mother, 45 (Alive)
Allan Karlson- Regent, 30 (Alive)

Tolassot

Back to top Go down

Court of Tolassot Empty Re: Court of Tolassot

Post by Cybelos [ERE] Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:29 am

Dorus of Argos

The banner of the Roman Empire fluttered in the winds of the Tyrrhenian, the mountains of Corsica coming into sight across the bow of the diplomat's ship.

Dorus and his envoy stepped off the ship, into town, and searched for the most official looking man they could find.

"Greetings, I am Dorus of Argos, a representative of the Greek nation, and a loyal servant to His Majesty, the Roman Emperor, Varius Corvinus.
My liege, King Alexander wishes to further our two nation's relationship. Might we be granted a meeting with His Majesty?"
Cybelos [ERE]
Cybelos [ERE]

Back to top Go down

Post by Tolassot Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:48 pm

The Prince, awestruck that anyone would even attempt to make the trip to Corsica, was in the harbor when all this was going on. The young man was about to be King, but he still had a love of the open sea. An adviser brought Dorus of Argos to the Prince, who led the envoy back to his residence up in the hills.

"I am Florian Hedjan, you may call me by my first name, I desire no royal titles until I sit on the throne." Florian smiled pleasantly at Dorus. "I am Prince-Elect, and I am happy to discuss the furthering of our nation's relationships."

On the wall, hung a map (soon to be posted) of the conquered lands and their various designations. There was a very logical methodology in which the Prince hoped to govern. One that would respect Christians, yet make a show of force that the Hedjan family was here to stay.

Tolassot

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybelos [ERE] Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:10 am

"You are very humble, I am certain you'll make a good King for your people." Dorus responded.

"The nature of my visit is to further trade between our two nations and to promote a peace between our two realms."

"Barbarians have taken to the sea, as I'm sure you well know.
His Majesty, King Alexander has offered to have his navy patrol the local waters in order to keep our trade routes clear.

What say you, Lord Florian?" Dorus concluded.
Cybelos [ERE]
Cybelos [ERE]

Back to top Go down

Post by Orberstine Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:05 am

Torger Schräder, Lord of Grebs arrives in the northern regions of Tolassot on orders to improve diplomatic relations between our two great kingdoms.
Orberstine
Orberstine

http://www.nationstates.net/region=medieval_europe

Back to top Go down

Post by Tolassot Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:42 am

Florian knew this was coming. "I thank you for your gestures, kind Dorus, and I do appreciate your willingness to patrol the seas... I will allow it, under the condition that in exchange for allowing your ships into our local waters, your King agrees to give me tribute in the form of conquered persons and in addition use our ports and ours alone for dock-age. If those conditions are met then I will most graciously allow your ships into our waters." As Florian spoke, the Royal Guard began to close off the harbor while the deal was being negotiated.

"If you wouldn't mind, Ser Dorus, we have accomodations set up for you in a guest lodge not far from here where you will be waited on most graciously by a staff of servants. They will tend to your every need and desire. Talk to me when you are ready. A new arrival has come and is needing my attention."

Torger was brought before Florian moments later by Palace guards. "I normally would offer you drink and pastries but today has not been the best of times. State your name, rank, and reason for coming to this land. We are not accustomed to visitors, I'm afraid."

Tolassot

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybelos [ERE] Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:36 am

"I am afraid that I will have to refuse. Having to pay to patrol our own trade routes and exclusive dockage rights are far too much and too far above my station to fully authorise.

If there is to be no movement on these conditions, I shall be on my way to Firenzo down the coast."
Cybelos [ERE]
Cybelos [ERE]

Back to top Go down

Post by Tolassot Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:34 pm

"Well... Now, you see these aren't 'your' waters. I don't know where you get off thinking that between the coast of this island and the mainland under my control, you have a secure trade route." Florian laughed. The Royal Guards who closed off the harbor now moved to secure the cargo and put it into private storage. They would use it as leverage if nothing else. The ship would then after being unloaded of all goods have her masts cut to ribbons in a little over an hour.

Tolassot

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybelos [ERE] Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:15 pm

"I don't know when I said we had a trade route, the route I had shown you was between Hellas and Tolassot not between Corsica and your mainland. It is quite normal to patrol trade routes once established.

Now, if you'll return my company's supplies, and let us be on our way, we've other contracts to secure.
We've got a schedule to maintain. Athens will know something is wrong if we don't keep it.
Since you don't want Greek ships in your waters you had best let us go before they find their way in searching for their men."

Last edited by Hellas on Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Cybelos [ERE]
Cybelos [ERE]

Back to top Go down

Post by Orberstine Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:24 am

Tolassot wrote:
Torger was brought before Florian moments later by Palace guards. "I normally would offer you drink and pastries but today has not been the best of times. State your name, rank, and reason for coming to this land. We are not accustomed to visitors, I'm afraid."

I, my lord, am Torger Schräder, Lord of Grebs of the Prince-Bishopric of Orberstine. On behalf of my Prince-Bishop, we, my company and I to specify, are here to improve diplomatic relations between our two blessed lands. We need not trouble you with a long visit; however, as my lord seems to be experiencing troubling times. I am merely here to introduce myself as the official Orberstinean diplot to your fair lands.
Orberstine
Orberstine

http://www.nationstates.net/region=medieval_europe

Back to top Go down

Post by Tolassot Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:25 am

Hellas wrote:"I don't know when I said we had a trade route, the route I had shown you was between Hellas and Tolassot not between Corsica and your mainland. It is quite normal to patrol trade routes once established.

Now, if you'll return my company's supplies, and let us be on our way, we've other contracts to secure.
We've got a schedule to maintain. Athens will know something is wrong if we don't keep it.
Since you don't want Greek ships in your waters you had best let us go before they find their way in searching for their men."

"You... You understand that we are based in Corsica... Right? What I mean to say is that should you come into our waters again with trade vessels, they will be seized and the men will be sent back unharmed. That is to say, if you don't pay tribute. I will allow your crew to leave and carry on with your schedule, but heed my warning, Greek. Get out of my sight." Florian had little interest with these Greeks, he just wanted to raid the mainland and has no intention of doing ethical business.

Tolassot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down