Medieval Europe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Proposal for the Creation of a new Successor to Rome.

3 posters

Go down

A Proposal for the Creation of a new Successor to Rome. Empty A Proposal for the Creation of a new Successor to Rome.

Post by Blayk Thu May 05, 2016 11:22 am

Cardinal Edmond de Saint-Pierre

Hail Brothers of the Holy See,
It has become apparent to Cardinal Bakocz and I that the Catholic Realms have come to face a new threat, not from the North but from the East, the Orthodox nations of the Byzantine Empire have been growing strong by the day and will, if left unwatched and not kept in check could soon rise past the Catholic Realm's ability to defend itself. Hence I have come to you my brothers in the College of Cardinals to scantion the formation of a new entity in Europe, one that shall be Catholic and as such a worthy successor to Rome.

If sanctioned this new "Holy Roman Empire" could become a strong deterrent against the Greek expansions in Europe, Indeed if the Kingdom's accepted this new Empire could stretch from the Carpathian Basin, across italy and cover the land all the way to the River Rhine.

However as you all know if there is an Empire, surely an Emperor would be needed to rule over it?
Well as to not disturb the Dynasties across Europe an Emperor would be elected, and reign until death and upon which a new Emperor shall be elected by the "King-Electors" who would consist of the most powerful Catholic Kings within the Empire along with a vote from the current Pope.

With these reasons I believe that it would be an idea, Just in the eyes of god to create this Holy Roman Empire, however that decision is not entirely up to me to decide, hence I shall await your Opinions on the matter eagerly.
Blayk
Blayk

Back to top Go down

A Proposal for the Creation of a new Successor to Rome. Empty Re: A Proposal for the Creation of a new Successor to Rome.

Post by Varasd Fri May 06, 2016 9:10 pm

Cardinal Bakocz

Brothers! We wholeheartedly support this proposal. Let it be known at in the province of Transylvania, in the Kingdom of Varasd, the greek heresy is growing strong. Our King Zvonimir I. is faithful and loyal to the True Faith, however, his southern borders are those of the Byzantine Empire.

If there is no Emperor to support our brothers in Varasd, the whole realm could fall.

If there is no Emperor, the greeks can freely claim that they are the successors of Rome, and may lay claim to Catholic lands as well!

If there is no Emperor, separated we are weak. If an Emperor could rally those of true faith under his banner, united, we would be strong!
Varasd
Varasd
Admin

https://medeu.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

A Proposal for the Creation of a new Successor to Rome. Empty Re: A Proposal for the Creation of a new Successor to Rome.

Post by Rhenish Principality Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:30 pm

Cardinal Peter

Brothers, let us rally behind the new successors to Rome and an Emperor that represents all the Realms of the True Faith within the Lord´s Creation ! An Emperor shall be the designated Ruler of all the World till Judgement Day, of all the world and not a single realm.

Only this Emperor can be by the true will of the Lord, and no Ebsotzian Heretic can tell me any better !

Rhenish Principality

Back to top Go down

Post by Varasd Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:12 pm

Cardinal Bakocz

I wholeheartedly agree with Cardinal Peter. Brother, you speak wisdom. Does anyone know a single reason why not to restore the glory of Rome, and God?
Varasd
Varasd
Admin

https://medeu.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down