Medieval Europe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Basilian Reforms

3 posters

Go down

The Basilian Reforms Empty The Basilian Reforms

Post by House of Judah Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:28 am

During the Papal Conclave, then Cardinal Daniel spoke about implementing reforms in Mother Church, particularly in the College of Cardinals.  Now Pope Basil I has called the College of Cardinals together to attempt to implement those reforms.  The proposal is thus:

• Each county with a Roman Catholic population will have a bishop assigned to it.
  • Each realm with more than one county with a Roman Catholic population will have at least one archbishop assigned to it who will have authority over the other bishops.
  • The College of Cardinals will be expanded such that each realm with a Roman Catholic population will have at least one Cardinal drawn from it and that the Pope, at his own discretion, may add such priests who have been active in their work on behalf of the Christian faith (OOC: If you RP a lot, I will give you a few more Cardinals to play with).
  • Decisions of the College of Cardinals shall be by a majority of ballots cast at the expiration of the period of the vote, with the exception papal conclaves which shall be to a majority of the entire body of Cardinals.

Last edited by House of Judah on Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:23 am; edited 1 time in total
House of Judah
House of Judah

Back to top Go down

The Basilian Reforms Empty Re: The Basilian Reforms

Post by House of Judah Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:28 am

The "Basilian Reforms" is now open for discussion for the College of Cardinals for 7 days. Every cardinal is requested to voice their opinion on this matter, and to submit their vote in the following format after their arguments.

Basilian Reforms: for/against/abstain
House of Judah
House of Judah

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingdom of Calabria Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:46 pm

Cardinal Germano Nascimbeni: "If it is possible I'd like to begin by clarifying the third point. The first two points are something I have been toying with in my own mind, and I wholeheartedly agree with. But the third point does not quite strike me the same way. In the end, how many Cardinals will there be? Purely discretion of the Pontiff? How can this Body expect to make rules for voting if the Body has no set number, and therefor no set number to reach a majority? If the College expands, so be it, but the number should be finite, not in-flux."
Kingdom of Calabria
Kingdom of Calabria

Back to top Go down

Post by Varasd Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:31 pm

Cardinal Bakocz is in favour of these reforms.

However, we must also re-think the voting system of the College, then. We need to prevent that the Church becomes sluggish at making decisions, because of the large number of Cardinals.

I suggest that from now on, we only count those votes, that have been cast. Cardinals who abstain from voting shall not be included in the final tally on either side.
Varasd
Varasd
Admin

https://medeu.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by House of Judah Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:18 am

"Both of you make valid points. Starting with Cardinal Bakocz, I agree that it is untenable for abstentions to count against a vote. This shall be added to the reforms, with the exception of the election of our successor when Holy God summons us to his side.

"As to your concern, Cardinal Nacimbeni, I think you are overly worried. Protocols for votes of the College can be set, regardless of the size of its body. Implementing Cardinal Bakocz's fine suggestion of counting votes to a majority of those cast would satisfy that concern."
House of Judah
House of Judah

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingdom of Calabria Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:44 am

Cardinal Nascimbeni: "Hm. Indeed that makes sense. I cast my vote in favor."

Cardinal Iannuzzi: "Yet we are still missing Nascimbeni's point about the size of the College. It is my opinion that the College should mimic the size and fraternity of The Apostles. Meaning that there should be twelve cardinals; and just as Peter's only brother was Andrew, there should be no more than two Cardinals from any one country."
Kingdom of Calabria
Kingdom of Calabria

Back to top Go down

Post by House of Judah Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:42 am

"I am willing to set a maximum of twelve with no more than two from any one realm for now, though this may have to be revisited at a later date as Christendom spreads further abreast."
House of Judah
House of Judah

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingdom of Calabria Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:17 am

Cardinal Iannuzzi: "Then my vote is in favor of these reforms."
Kingdom of Calabria
Kingdom of Calabria

Back to top Go down

Post by House of Judah Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:14 am

(OOC: Sorry this is so late but work has been hellish)

"With six of seven possible votes in favor, the Basilian Reforms are hereby adopted by the Universal Church."
House of Judah
House of Judah

Back to top Go down

Post by Varasd Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:24 pm

[OOC: The Basilian Reforms have been added to the "RP Rules of the Catholic Church" thread. The original rules which contradict the reforms have been overwritten by the new rules.

This thread is now locked.]
Varasd
Varasd
Admin

https://medeu.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum