Medieval Europe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Varazdin Castle Court

+9
Rorukheim
Austrasia
Varasd
Orberstine
House of Judah
Blayk
Ebsotz
Azaq
The Shi Empire
13 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The Varazdin Castle Court - Page 3 Empty Re: The Varazdin Castle Court

Post by The Shi Empire Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:52 am

Varasd wrote:
Chancellor Zrinski

Chancellor Zrisnki, sitting closest to the Chinese ambassadors, turned to them. He raised the leg of a rabbit, and spoke:

"Is it custom in your realm not to eat meat, your Excellencies? Excuse me if I asked a taboo, I am simply a curious person. I wish to know the most about our highly esteemed guests, as possible."

The Translator looked up, "No, no. We do eat meet, but our foods have less meat within our food. It is only taboo to Buddhists, our Merchant will not eat meat unless it means his life. He is from Tibet, where Vajrayana Buddhism rules over the lands. While the rest of us are from the Middle Kingdom of Song, in which meat is allowed to eaten."
The Shi Empire
The Shi Empire

Back to top Go down

Post by Varasd Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:24 pm

Bernard Zrinski

"Well then eat merrily, our honourable guests! May I ask the reason you have traveled here from your faraway lands?"
Varasd
Varasd
Admin

https://medeu.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebsotz Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:38 pm

Joachim Guthkeled

The Bishop of Varasd takes a stand just before the guests pick up their utensils.

"Before we pick up our utensils, we certainly have time to thank God for this wonderful feast? God has certainly has blessed those who have traveled to this magnificent realm, for whatever reason! Some of these merry men has come as far east as the Shi Empire. Or by retrospect as south as Egypt II. But mostly and honestly, we thank God for this daily bread and wine he has given us, and whatever gifts and presents he has given us in this pompous feast!"

All the men of the house nod their head's silently.

"To God! These merry men! And this pompous feast of God!"

The Bishop takes his wine glass and lifts it proudly in the air.

Ebsotz
Ebsotz

Back to top Go down

Post by The Shi Empire Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:30 pm

Varasd wrote:Bernard Zrinski

"Well then eat merrily, our honourable guests! May I ask the reason you have travelled here from your faraway lands?"

"We have come to establish relations with the west. We are not part of Song, but from Shi in itself, a seperate state free from Song's rule."
The Shi Empire
The Shi Empire

Back to top Go down

Post by Blayk Sun May 01, 2016 8:05 am

Vincent switched over to German, seeming that both he and his brother could speak it.
"To the south, eh? I must of confused it with the Slavic lands there, easy mistake for someone from the Western reaches of Europe. As for our names, I am Vincent de Vaugeois, Son of the Archduke of Blayk and Count of Haute-Normandie."
He'd motion towards Oliver.
"And that is my half-brother Oliver de Vaugeois."
Blayk
Blayk

Back to top Go down

The Varazdin Castle Court - Page 3 Empty The Welcoming

Post by Ebsotz Sun May 01, 2016 5:07 pm

Joachim Guthkeled

"Welcome Vincent, Oliver de Vaugeois. God has blessed you on your arrival and your ability to join us at this feast of God."

Joachim kisses Vincent and Oliver on the cheeks.

"You speak German, eh? I have a few friends that speak German. Here's my rule of thumb, the more north you go, the more Germanic it gets. For example, just about 150 miles away lies Krizanic, Ebsotz, the first true realm of Germans."

Ebsotz
Ebsotz

Back to top Go down

Post by Varasd Sun May 01, 2016 9:40 pm

Chancellor Zrinski

The Chancellor slowly lifted his cup to the toast of Joachim Guthkeled, and continued talking to the Chinese ambassadors.

"Wonderful news, Sir! Our realm has recently made an agreement with the Khanate of Azaq about trading goods. I suppose that by closing such a deal with your people as well, both of our nations can be enriched. But let us discuss politics later... How do you like it in our humble Kingdom? Does everything suit your needs?"

-------
Count Újlaki

The Count was ready to talk more to the prestigious guests from Blayk, when he was interrupted by the Court Chaplain, Bishop Guthkeled. He muttered something to himself in Hungarian, and turned to his other side - to Princess Börte and Tsetsgeg. He spoke German first, but quickly switched to a rather simple and a bit broken, but understandable Greek speech.

"M'lady! Excuse me for not introducing myself sooner. I am Count Lajos of the Újlaki Clan, Count of Heves, from the province of Hungaria. Whom can I respect in your name?"
Varasd
Varasd
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Azaq Mon May 02, 2016 6:35 pm

Varasd wrote:Count Újlaki

The Count was ready to talk more to the prestigious guests from Blayk, when he was interrupted by the Court Chaplain, Bishop Guthkeled. He muttered something to himself in Hungarian, and turned to his other side - to Princess Börte and Tsetsgeg. He spoke German first, but quickly switched to a rather simple and a bit broken, but understandable Greek speech.

"M'lady! Excuse me for not introducing myself sooner. I am Count Lajos of the Újlaki Clan, Count of Heves, from the province of Hungaria. Whom can I respect in your name?"

Börte & Tsetseg

Weary of what Otto had told them, Börte had chosen not to even acknowledge the Count at all. Otto's warning had somewhat spooked her, she now felt that he was a man she should not be talking with. Instead, she continued to eat and drink.

Tsetseg was less cautious and more suspicious of the Count and Otto's warning of him.

"This is my lady Princess Börte, daughter of Ganbaatar, the Khan of Azaq. I am Tsetseg, her personal servant."

Tsetseg attempted not to seem suspicious of the Count.
Azaq
Azaq

Back to top Go down

Post by Blayk Wed May 04, 2016 9:48 am

Vincent & Oliver

The two brothers awkwardly accepted the kisses on the cheeks from the Bishop and while Vincent was slightly annoyed by the priest interrupting his conversation with Count Újlaki he decided that he might as well make use of the Bishop while he was here and hence motioned towards the extremely bored looking young women sitting with the Konsky family.
"Don't say Father that you happen to know who that woman over there is?"

On the other side of the Room

A courier entered into the dining hall and carefully made his way around to King Zvonimir I of Varasd, be sure to not disturb any of the guests at the feast, once he reached the King he bowed and spoke his message.

"My liege, I have come bearing news from the Holy See, the College of Cardinals have decided to grant the Archduchy of Blayk a royal crown, hence making them now the Kingdom of Blayk."
Blayk
Blayk

Back to top Go down

Post by Varasd Wed May 04, 2016 11:38 am

Count Újlaki

"Princess Börte? What an honour to meet you!" The Count was clearly glad to sit next to a Princess. "Did I hear the rumours correctly that you are looking for a suitor in our la-" The Count was interrupted by someone slamming his fist several times on the table, to gain the attention of everyone. When Count Újlaki looked up, he saw that it was the King himself.

---------
King Zvonimir

"Wonderful news reached by ears this second, my dear guests!" The slightly tipsy King stood up, raised his cup, and looked towards the Vaugeois brothers.

"His Holiness the Pope and the College of Cardinals has accepted the ruler of Blayk as King! Let us raise our drinks for House Vaugeois! " The King said, though he said "Vagois" instead of Vaugeois, because he had to knowledge of how to pronounce a French name, and the wine he drank did not help it either.

The great hall of King Zvonimir, once again rejoiced, with knights and nobles yelling various words of cheer, while slamming their tables. Once it was settled, the feast went back to normal.
Varasd
Varasd
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Azaq Fri May 06, 2016 6:26 pm

"Princess Börte? What an honour to meet you!" The Count was clearly glad to sit next to a Princess. "Did I hear the rumours correctly that you are looking for a suitor in our la-" The Count was interrupted by someone slamming his fist several times on the table, to gain the attention of everyone. When Count Újlaki looked up, he saw that it was the King himself.

---------
King Zvonimir

"Wonderful news reached by ears this second, my dear guests!" The slightly tipsy King stood up, raised his cup, and looked towards the Vaugeois brothers.

"His Holiness the Pope and the College of Cardinals has accepted the ruler of Blayk as King! Let us raise our drinks for House Vaugeois! " The King said, though he said "Vagois" instead of Vaugeois, because he had to knowledge of how to pronounce a French name, and the wine he drank did not help it either.

The great hall of King Zvonimir, once again rejoiced, with knights and nobles yelling various words of cheer, while slamming their tables. Once it was settled, the feast went back to normal.

Börte & Tsetseg

The two were relieved that King Zvonimir interrupted the Count's question, and when the king finished his speech they hoped the Count had forgotten about the question and both remained silent and directing their attention anywhere but the Count's direction so as to avoid further communication.
Azaq
Azaq

Back to top Go down

Post by Varasd Sun May 08, 2016 3:42 pm

Count Újlaki

The Count cheered and slammed his fist as well along with the other nobles. When the feast went back to normal, he, once again, turned back to Börte and Tsetseg. He noticed how the Princess was paying attention elsewhere, so he patiently waited until one of them turned their attention to him, once again. Once that happened, he immediately spoke:

"Now where was I? Oh yes! I heard that You have come here to find a suitor for yourself. Are the rumours true, if you don't mind me asking?"

-----------------
Princess Gisela

The Princess clapped her hands together twice when the news about Blayk being declared a Kingdom arrived. She ordered a servant to fill her cup with wine once more, and boringly drank from it. She looked around for a while, then whispered something to his half-drunk father, the King. Princess Gisela quietly stood up and went out to a corridor, heading to the nearest balcony.

Last edited by Varasd on Wed May 11, 2016 8:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Varasd
Varasd
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Azaq Mon May 09, 2016 11:03 pm

The Count cheered and slammed his fist as well along with the other nobles. When the feast went back to normal, he, once again, turned back to Börte and Tsetseg. He noticed how the Princess was paying attention elsewhere, so he patiently waited until one of them turned their attention to him, once again. Once that happened, he immediately spoke:

"Now where was I? Oh yes! I heard that You have come here to find a suitor for yourself. Are the rumours true, if you don't mind me asking?"

Börte & Tsetseg

Tsetseg made the mistake of glancing over to see if the Count was looking, only for him to catch her and so resume the conversation. Quickly yet reluctantly she replied.

"Yes, they are true... the princess is looking for a suitor."

The two both felt uncomfortable with the situation and did their best to hide this discomfort.
Azaq
Azaq

Back to top Go down

Post by Varasd Sun May 15, 2016 8:50 pm

Count Újlaki

"Well, I do not seek to be rude, but I would like to introduce you to my sons. I'm not trying to force you or anything, but if would be a great honou-" Once again, as if fate stepped in, the Count was interrupted again by the King.

----------
King Zvonimir

A messenger arrived and he gave a letter to the King. It carried an Ebsotzian seal which usually brought no ill news. Once he read it, all merriness has evaporated from the King's face. It turned red, and he threw his cup away, then slammed his fist on his table. Suddenly everyone went quiet in the whole hall.

"What?!" The King shouted to the messenger. "Is this some kind of joke?! " The messenger slowly backed away, and shook his head. "How dares he?!"

Chancellor Zrinski suddenly intervened, along with Count Orseolo, the Steward. They've both rushed to the King and calmed him. The cursing and swearing King walked away with Orseolo listening to him, while Chancellor Zrinski turned to the guests.

"If you'll excuse us, our honourable guests... Sadly, King Zvonimir has just received an unspeakably rude news from a realm I wish not to mention now. Please feel yourself as if home, continue to eat and drink. Tomorrow all official businesses shall be listened to. " He bowed quickly and left the room, following the King. He quickly called Markörgis with himself as well, along with Zoltan Arpad and Mattai, the Treasurer. He led them towards a well-guarded and silent chamber.

----------------
Otto Berger

Once Chancellor Zrinski finished speaking, and before Count Újlaki could turn to Börte and Tsetseg again, the large man gently grabbed both Börte and Tsetseg by their arms and led them out of the halls.

"Ssssh!" He said, while leading them away.
Varasd
Varasd
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Azaq Mon May 16, 2016 2:08 am

Varasd wrote:King Zvonimir

A messenger arrived and he gave a letter to the King. It carried an Ebsotzian seal which usually brought no ill news. Once he read it, all merriness has evaporated from the King's face. It turned red, and he threw his cup away, then slammed his fist on his table. Suddenly everyone went quiet in the whole hall.

"What?!" The King shouted to the messenger. "Is this some kind of joke?! " The messenger slowly backed away, and shook his head. "How dares he?!"

Chancellor Zrinski suddenly intervened, along with Count Orseolo, the Steward. They've both rushed to the King and calmed him. The cursing and swearing King walked away with Orseolo listening to him, while Chancellor Zrinski turned to the guests.

"If you'll excuse us, our honourable guests... Sadly, King Zvonimir has just received an unspeakably rude news from a realm I wish not to mention now. Please feel yourself as if home, continue to eat and drink. Tomorrow all official businesses shall be listened to. " He bowed quickly and left the room, following the King. He quickly called Markörgis with himself as well, along with Zoltan Arpad and Mattai, the Treasurer. He led them towards a well-guarded and silent chamber.

Markörgis

'The Easterling' - as he was called by the locals - had remained almost totally silent and uninterested for the entirety of the feast. Occasionally he would glance in the direction of Börte and Tsetseg, and took notice of Count Újlaki constant barraging in their direction. Clearly noticing they were uncomfortable with him, Markörgis had half the mind to walk over there himself to make sure they were alright. However, just as he was debating on intervening, his direction turned toward King Zvonimir's semi-violent outburst. On instinct he grabbed the handle of his sword, and immediately followed Chancellor Zrinski when he called for him, following the chancellor to the silent room. Hoping the chancellor could shed some light on the situation, Markörgis chose not to remain silent.

"What is this disturbance that has King Zvonimir so riled, Chancellor Zrinski?"
Azaq
Azaq

Back to top Go down

Post by House of Judah Mon May 16, 2016 5:42 am

Mattai the Hebrew

Mattai stood, waiting for the Chancellor to speak and give reason his summons. His finger were interlocked with the tips of his thumbs pressed together and his hands hung before him.
House of Judah
House of Judah

Back to top Go down

Post by Varasd Mon May 16, 2016 10:02 am

Chancellor Zrinski

Once Zoltan Arpad, Mattai and Markörgis have arrived too, the Chancellor spoke.

"You want answers, and I'll provide you. The Duke of Ebsotz has declared himself Emperor. The King is outraged at this, but half his anger will fade once the wine clears from his head. He took this declaration as a personal insult to his Crown and his authority. If the Ebsotzian Duke gets declared an Emperor the King's authority in Central Europe will be questioned. We can not allow that. " Chancellor Zrisnki held a small pause and listened in to the room. Upon hearing the half-calmed voice of the King from inside, he decided it was time to enter. He opened the door and stepped in.

"Your Majesty. Chieftain Arpad, Commander Markörgis and Mattai the Treasurer are all here for the meeting. "

"Good." The King replied without looking up from a table on which the map of Central Europe lied. "Let us discuss what we need to do..."
Varasd
Varasd
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Azaq Mon May 16, 2016 10:07 pm

Varasd wrote:Chancellor Zrinski

Once Zoltan Arpad, Mattai and Markörgis have arrived too, the Chancellor spoke.

"You want answers, and I'll provide you. The Duke of Ebsotz has declared himself Emperor. The King is outraged at this, but half his anger will fade once the wine clears from his head. He took this declaration as a personal insult to his Crown and his authority. If the Ebsotzian Duke gets declared an Emperor the King's authority in Central Europe will be questioned. We can not allow that. " Chancellor Zrisnki held a small pause and listened in to the room. Upon hearing the half-calmed voice of the King from inside, he decided it was time to enter. He opened the door and stepped in.

"Your Majesty. Chieftain Arpad, Commander Markörgis and Mattai the Treasurer are all here for the meeting. "

"Good." The King replied without looking up from a table on which the map of Central Europe lied. "Let us discuss what we need to do..."

Markörgis

Markörgis was confused, not by what had happened - as he understood it perfectly - but by the king's reaction to it. Bewildered, he chose to address the king himself, choosing his words carefully.

"Forgive me, your highness, but what exactly is the problem here? So this Duke claims a title, what of it? All it means is his head is full of air and makes love to his reflection. Why bother doing anything at all?

I understand things work differently in Christendom, but in the East things are much more simple. If one should claim such a high title - Khagan in our case, which is closer to your 'Emperor' title - unless they have done something worthy of it, no one - not even their men - would take such a claim seriously. Alternatively, they would be forced upon by the armies of those who would prove said claims were not worth the paper they were written on.

Has this 'Emperor' earned his title? Has he vanquished a great foe, and subjected many a peoples? If not, then what is the point in kicking over his castle made of sand if the sea will reclaim it on it's own? Surely your Catholic Pope will not permit such a thing if he has not earned it? In which case, his claim is as real as a man-eating horse.

Let him call himself whatever he likes, from what I understand unless your Pope grants this title no one will use it when addressing him."
Azaq
Azaq

Back to top Go down

Post by Varasd Tue May 17, 2016 6:58 pm

The Meeting Room

Chancellor Zrinski replied instead of the King.

"You don't understand, Commander. There was once the Roman Empire which ruled over Europe and Asia. If one declares themselves Emperor, that means they lay claim to the whole Roman Empire. It means that they declare themselves above the Dukes and Kings of other realms. Even if there is no real power behind it, it is an insult to others, without consulting first. The Greeks - the Greeks could do it because they are heretics, their Church doesn't matter in our lands. But this is a whole different-"

"This is spitting all of us in the eye. Would your people in Scythia tolerate that? " The King interrupted. "I doubt it, Commander. IF the Church approves their claim that's a different matter. That is still no good news though. " He thought for a couple of seconds.

"Arpad, Markörgis. How much time would a campaign take? I would be leading the main force, with you commanding the wings. Mattai. Can we spend so much on war right now or do we need to plunder?"
Varasd
Varasd
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by House of Judah Wed May 18, 2016 7:30 am

Mattai the Hebrew
"Our treasury is only just beginning to recover from our previous adventures. If you wish to prosecute such a war, you will need to pay your armies with spoils.

"Your Majesty, matters of the Christian Church are not my particular concern, but I must ask how will Pope Basil react to such a war. It is known that he is desirous of a unity among Christians. He may command such action be brought to an end."
House of Judah
House of Judah

Back to top Go down

Post by Varasd Wed May 18, 2016 9:15 am

Chancellor Zrinski:

We are the Eastern bastion of the Church. The Pope would not dare to push us away from Rome. Still I do not urge war, your Majesty. We should only move when victory is guaranteed.

After the Chancellor said this, áll eyes im the room looked át Zoltán Arpad and Markörgis.
Varasd
Varasd
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Azaq Wed May 18, 2016 6:42 pm

Markörgis

Markörgis scoffed at this idea of claiming the legacy to a centuries-dead empire.

"A campaign? Surely you cannot be serious. All this over an empire that hasn't even existed for what, 600 years?

But fine, if you wish to throw away live, gold, and land for such senseless endeavors that is on you. My men will fight, but only for the glory of battle and whatever can be looted. Which reminds me, looting will unavoidable by my troops. No rapes will occur, no buildings will be lit aflame, and no temples shall be desecrated if it eases your minds.

Now, as for time, that would depend on a number of factors: Our numbers, their numbers, terrain, and logistics. A map of Ebsotz will be required in order to plan which army goes where, and the route supply chains shall take to each army. I would assume there will be three divisions of the invasion force? This may make things easier or more difficult depending on terrain and where the bulk of their forces may be."
Azaq
Azaq

Back to top Go down

Post by Varasd Wed May 25, 2016 6:32 am

King Zvonimir

"I do not tolerate insults, Commander. We shall prepare for a campaign but only declare war once we see how Rome reacts. Now, it is late. I shall rest by old bones. Tomorrow you shall make the plans for the campaign together with Chieftain Árpád - the Chancellor shall get you the maps you need." With that, the King left the room, and so did Count Orseolo and Chancellor Zrinski.
Varasd
Varasd
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Varasd Sun May 29, 2016 1:59 pm

Otto Berger

Once Chancellor Zrinski finished speaking, and before Count Újlaki could turn to Börte and Tsetseg again, the large man gently grabbed both Börte and Tsetseg by their arms and led them out of the halls.

"Ssssh!" He said, while leading them away.

Princess Gisela

The Princess has heard her father shouting and went back to the feast hall. Because there was nobody else to ask, as all the high ranking members of the Court seemed to have vanished, she asked openly:

"What happened? Where is my father?"

Varasd
Varasd
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Shi Empire Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:37 am

Varasd wrote:Chancellor Zrinski

The Chancellor slowly lifted his cup to the toast of Joachim Guthkeled, and continued talking to the Chinese ambassadors.

"Wonderful news, Sir! Our realm has recently made an agreement with the Khanate of Azaq about trading goods. I suppose that by closing such a deal with your people as well, both of our nations can be enriched. But let us discuss politics later... How do you like it in our humble Kingdom? Does everything suit your needs?"

"We must admit, we an impressed by the vast differences that are the western world," he paused, "The Khanate of Azaq?..." A small discussion arose within the ambassadors, "Mongols correct?" he asked hesitantly.
The Shi Empire
The Shi Empire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next