Medieval Europe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Request of King Zvonimir I. for Blessing of a Campaign

4 posters

Go down

Request of King Zvonimir I. for Blessing of a Campaign Empty Request of King Zvonimir I. for Blessing of a Campaign

Post by Varasd Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:45 pm

Glory to God and Greetings to all!

I, Bishop Bakocz, of the Kingdom of Varasd, am here to ask for the Approval from the Church, for my King, Zvonimir I., to a campaign against the bogumil heretics. Previously, when His Majesty asked for a Royal Crown from the Church, the following was said about him.
That my Lord, King Zvonimir I., is always true to the Christian faith, and loyal to Rome. He stamps out every act of heresy, or idol worship within his lands,
and that my Lord, King Zvonimir I., has a large, and strong army, of well-trained soldiers, a vast number of the best knights, cavalrymen, swordsmen, spearmen, and bowmen, and will always take up arms in order to protect those who are in need, to serve justice, and to defend Christianity.

Now, with Bogomilism plaguing the Balkans, I believe we all agree that it must be stopped. As promised before, my King is true to his words, and is willing to fight against the heretics. They are in vast numbers in Transylvania, from where they can spread their heresy into lands dwelled by pagans, possibly converting much of the population before the True Faith could reach them.

Remember when the same thing happened, centuries before, when the teachings of Arianus were spread in the barbarian tribes, who caused much havoc to Europe, before Emperor Charlemagne finally defeated them.

Let the same mistake not be committed again! Grant approval for my King to occupy these lands, purge the heresy, and save the souls of innocents from eternal damnation!

We await your decision. Glory to God!

Request of King Zvonimir I. for Blessing of a Campaign 48oko49
(OOC: The light-yellow areas are Transylvania, Upper Hungaria (dark-yellow) is not included in this request)
Varasd
Varasd
Admin

https://medeu.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Request of King Zvonimir I. for Blessing of a Campaign Empty Re: Request of King Zvonimir I. for Blessing of a Campaign

Post by Varasd Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:45 pm

The "Request of King Zvonimir I. for Blessing of a Campaign" is now open for discussion for the College of Cardinals for 7 days. Every cardinal is requested to voice their opinion on this matter, and to submit their vote in the following format after their arguments.

Request of King Zvonimir I. for Blessing of a Campaign: for/against/abstain
Varasd
Varasd
Admin

Back to top Go down

Request of King Zvonimir I. for Blessing of a Campaign Empty Re: Request of King Zvonimir I. for Blessing of a Campaign

Post by House of Judah Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:15 am

"I fear King Zvonimir extends his hands too greatly.  Already he has sent twelve thousand soldiers south to where the Bogomilists are strongest, and another two thousand ride north beneath the banner of his son to secure his claim to the crown of Gepidae.  His lands have been nearly stripped bare of all men capable of carrying a sword.  I'm unsure he could marshal more than a thousand to pacify Transylvania.  His intentions are good, but he is too impatient in his efforts.  The pagan and heretic in Transylvania may rise up against such an incursion, and with as few men as he will have available for his campaign, it will likely do more harm than good.  The time is not right.  I am against."
House of Judah
House of Judah

Back to top Go down

Post by Varasd Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:29 am

You are mistaken, Cardinal Daniel - spoke Bishop Bakocz calmly - My Lord has mustered his twelve thousand soldiers, and is leading them on his own, in order to accomplish this campaign.
His army did not leave the borders of Varasd yet, either - they are stationed between Slavonia and Lower Hungaria, from where they can reach Transylvania easily.
He has made all the preparations, but as a good faithed Christian he is, he wishes to gain approval from the Church, prior to conquering Transylvania.
Varasd
Varasd
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebsotz Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:30 am

With valid representation of the Royal Empire of Ebsotz, by decree I officially support the movement against these barbaric heretics. For if these heretics threaten the Balkans, they could easily threaten the safety of our southern border.

-Cardinal Johannes
Ebsotz
Ebsotz

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybelos [ERE] Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:49 am

This will surely be an exhausting campaign, the common people are generally unwilling to cooperate with the dealing with of these heretics.

These bogomilist rulers must be brought to justice and pay for what they've wrought. I approve the request.
Cybelos [ERE]
Cybelos [ERE]

Back to top Go down

Post by Varasd Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:03 am

The one week discussion and voting for this matter is over.

The votes are the following:

In favour:
- Cardinal Lysander (of Cybelos) - 1 vote
- Cardinal Johannes (of Ebsotz) - 1 vote
- Pope Leo VII (of Varasd) - 2 votes

Overall 4 votes in favour.

Against:
- Cardinal Daniel (of Judea) - 1 vote

Overall 1 vote against.

Did not vote:
- Cardinal Münsch (of the Ruthen State) - 1 vote

Overall 1 vote abstain.

Overall, with 4 votes in favour, 1 vote against, and 1 vote abstaining, the "Request of King Zvonimir I. for Blessing of a Campaign" is accepted. The Holy Church hereby grants authority to King Zvonimir I to lead a campaign to Transylvania, and conquer those lands, in order to stop the bogumil heresy spreading there. In case the heresy will not be eradicated in due time, King Zvonimir I will lose his claims to the area, and another ruler will be asked to make order.

(OOC information: "in due time" means a period of time that is not set in rule, but if other nations feel after a while that the campaign was unsuccessful, they can request the Holy See to revoke the claims of King Zvonimir I.)
Varasd
Varasd
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down