Medieval Europe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gjenvinning Krigene

2 posters

Go down

Gjenvinning Krigene Empty Gjenvinning Krigene

Post by Rorukheim Tue May 09, 2017 1:27 am

The Reclamation has begun-
With the Kingdoms of Rus and Dragnavik in chaos, most of their royal families dead or disappeared, Rorukheim with claims to their thrones, through marriages, has march it's army into Drangaviks lands. Where now petty Jarl's rule...
The army of Rorukheim marches north from southern Swedish territories, in attempt to reach the old capital of Dragnavik. Although some lords bordering Rorukheim, recognize Rorukheim's claim. Sadly eight of the thirteen jarls form a coalition against Rorukheim. Their eight thousands troops move to intercept the five thousands troops. They head to Gauldar's pass. A small valleys with steep hills on both sides of the road. Pro-Rorukheim Jarl's and Rorukheimian scouts warn the army of the force. At Gauldar's pass, Rorukheim sets a trap.
Rorukheim
Rorukheim

Back to top Go down

Gjenvinning Krigene Empty Gauldar's Pass, The Former Kingdom of Dragnavik

Post by Rorukheim Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:46 am

With the trap set up, the Rorukheimian force of five thousand wait. Three hours of waiting before they hear the footsteps of a large force. The troops get into their places as quietly as they can, and continue to wait. From the road leading north, an army of eight thousand appears. They march in a blob and not in any particular formation. They continue to march through, unsuspecting of the attack that is about to commence. As the last of their army enters the pass, the wolf's jaws clamp shut. One thousand Archers and Valkyries stand and open fire on the blob of men. The army goes into chaos as they try to figure out what going on. They try to return fire, but their lack of formation makes it difficult for them to successfully fire back. Soon they begin to try to cling the slopes up to the archers. This was vastly unsuccessful as they usually slide down, or were shot down. Desperate they tried to run out, but they soon realized that both passages were blocked by Rorukheimian soldiers in shield wall formations. The enemy charged...
What follows is slaughter as the Swedish forces could not break through, and were shot down. Finally after two hours of brutal combat, the Swedish forces surrendered. This allowed Rorukheim to march on the former capital city of Dragnavik(Stockholm) and conquer it. Many Pro-Rorukheim Jarls decided to bend the knee to Ragnar, but many still plan their resistance. This battle has been won... but the war is not over.
Rorukheim
Rorukheim

Back to top Go down

Gjenvinning Krigene Empty The Jarldoms of Närke and Östergötland, Former Dragnavik

Post by Rorukheim Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:56 am

With the recent conquering of the old capital of Dragnavik, Rorukheim's hold and influence in the collapsed kingdom is stronger than ever. Konge Ragnar and his Jarls meet to discuss their plans for the two Jarldom's of Närke and Östergötland.
"We should march on them immediately. They'll surely fall before our might." Jarl Floki's voice rings out. A few others in the moot nod their head in agreement. A woman steps forward.
"They have done us no wrong." Jarl Torvi states, "We shouldn't throw away the lives of our men at their walls, for them only to betray us later."
Jarl Ivar steps in, "Not if we break their spirits and identity. Then we rebuild them, as Rorukheimians."
Torvi is about to make her response, but Ragnar intervenes.
"Enough!" Ragnar's voice booms throughout the hall, "I have listened and have decided."
The other all stare at Ragnar, awaiting his response.
"Torvi select two of your fastest riders. Tell to ride to Närke and Östergötland and deliver these." He hands her two axes.

Within the next two weeks Ragnar receives his response as two different axes are handed to him from the riders. The banner of the wolf rises over the holds of Närke and Östergötland.
Rorukheim
Rorukheim

Back to top Go down

Gjenvinning Krigene Empty Jutland

Post by Rorukheim Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:43 am

Jutland Campaign Continues-
With many other conquest going well, Ragnar decides to try to talk to the Danish lords in Jutland. A meeting is held in the great hall of Ragnar in Jorrvaskr. The remaining lords of Jutland arrive days later on their Drakkar. They're properly greeted and welcomed in a whole procession through the city to the Palace of Ragnar. With their arrival a feast is announced in their honor. For two days the Earls and Karls of Rorukheim and Jutland feast together. Finally, after the Earls bellies are fattened and their cups filled to the brim with ale and mead, Ragnar brings them to him to discuss diplomacy.
"My lords," He starts. "We have feasted and drank our fills, but now is a time to discuss the fate of Jutland. Long have I had my eye on it, and I think now it should unite with Rorukheim. With the founding of the Teutonic Order, a Christian Order, that slaughtered our brethren in that region already, whos to say Jutland isn't next? Kneel before us, and you shall keep you lands and titles. Swear loyalty to me, and you shall have our army with you."
Many of the Earls, slightly drunk, nod their heads in agreement. One Earl stands. Earl of Sonderjylland.
"I will swear loyalty. A new Kingdom has formed on my southern border, and I would rather be ruled by my kin then by any southerners." He sits down
Another lord, an older one stands, "Yes, but what is stopping King Ragnar from taking our lands as soon as we swear loyalty. The men of Bornhold have held off their lands for centuries against any invader. We don't need you to control us to defend ourselves."
"I recommend you reconsider," Ragnar interjects. "You have a tiny fleet and what a thousand... maybe less soldiers? They have eight times that number. What will they do to your people once they arrive? I sure the cross will found everywhere."
The Earl of Bornhold violently gets up out of his chair. "Fine! If you can handle these Christians better and if they gods are truly on your side, then show us Ragnar! I'm sure the rest of the Earls will agree not to join until you show us you can win against them!"
The rest nod their heads, while Ragnar hides a smile. He's got them right where he wants them.
Rorukheim
Rorukheim

Back to top Go down

Gjenvinning Krigene Empty Re: Gjenvinning Krigene

Post by Rorukheim Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:35 pm

The Meeting of the Karl’s-
Once again, the Karl’s are called to meet. As they enter his hall, Ragnar sits proudly, and arrogantly. As the Karl’s take their seat, seeing what Ragnar now has to say.
The old Jarl of Bornhold is the first to speak.
“Konge Ragnar. Once again we are called to your halls and for what? Another vain attempt to draw us over? We told you what we want, and unless you-!”
Ragnar waves his hand silencing him, then Ragnar himself speaks.
“I know what you’ve asked for Earl, and you shall receive.” He claps his hands, and two guards enter, dragging the Grandmaster into the hall and before the Earls and Ragnar. The guards throw the Grandmaster to the floor, his hand are bound and he is gagged. His face is swollen and bloodied from the fight.
“This man,” starts Ragnar gesturing to the Teuton. “Is the Grandmaster of the Teutonic order. Their leader. He was attempting to leave the Baltic Sea with an army. We chased after him and soon battle erupted. After destroying his fleet and sending his army to Ægir. Without a leader the Christian fell into a war of succession and destroyed themselves. With one fell swoop we destroy the Christian murders. Does this not prove that the gods favor Rorukheim? Does this not prove we are worthy? We passed you test, now Honor our agreement and kneel.”
There was a moment of silence, then three of the five lords knelt. The last two stood, staring down Ragnar.
“I will not not!” Spat the old Earl. “As you said the Christians are gone then I do not need your protection, nor does my cousin.”
The man next to him nodded, as the old Earl continued.
“If you want Bornhold, they you’ll have to purchase it honestly, with blood.” The Old Earl and his Cousin turn and leave. As the go they head Ragnar’s voice trail behind them. “As you wish”
Rorukheim
Rorukheim

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybelos [ERE] Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:19 am

Earl Hemming sailed back into port with his cousin, and his men.

When his wife came to greet him at the docks of Rønne, the Earl was silent and cold. He merely pointed his cousin off; a nonverbal send off, for the Lord to go and gather his men, and ready for the fight.

The Countess knew what her husband’s body language meant. It was war, and it was Valhalla.

The Earl and his cousin mustered at Rønne, those who refused to join in Earl Hemming’s fight were told to leave the island under the order of their Lord, less they face his final wrath. A small number of vessels later departed for the island of Rügen to the southwest.

The fleet of Bornholm was sent out to scout ahead for Ragnar’s own fleet, not wishing to pointlessly lose men and ships on the sea, it was known that the navy based at Lund would be enough to wipe out the small island’s navy in head to head combat.

The banners of the Earl and his cousin flew proudly in the temperate winds that passed over the island, the Earl’s last earthly pleasure, he thought to himself.

The ships of Hemming sailed back into the natural port of Rønne, and told their master the news, King Ragnar approached, and he outnumbered the island’s natives severely.

This made the men uneasy, but they were soon enough comforted with the Earl’s words that he would see them all in Valhalla or Fólkvangr, no matter the consequences of this battle.

Hemming spun his axe around in his hand, and then felt the blade, expertly crafted and tempered, enough to shatter any wooden shield with a true blow.

The aging Hemming, even with his now-diminished eyesight, could clearly see the banners of Ragnar’s armies.

“Let them come, the dogs of Odin howl out for Ragnar’s hide.” The Earl cried out.

When Ragnar’s men did come onto Bornholm to disembark, they were allowed to do so, free of attack, but once both armies were in place, the fight would begin.

The men of Bornholm truly did believe Ragnar to be a false and unworthy King, his wisdom clouded by the prospects of riches, like Loki bejeweled in the fineries of Andvari.

Most of the few hundreds of men of Bornholm held their place at the top of the hill of Rønne, few charging down in the fervor of battle, scoring a few glorious kills for themselves before ultimately falling themselves, swords and axes in-hand.

Both armies quickly tired of this game of sending few men forth, and soon both armies charged.

The battle was one for the ages, as both Ragnar and Hemming lost some of the bravest, most talented fighters they had on this hill, in this fishing town, on this small island.

Axes bit through steel armour, like a sharp knife filleting a pike, swords crashed down into enemy shields, and sent vibrations that even the lowly worms below would feel, and massive hammers thundered down with expert precision and sent many a man to his ancestors.

Hemming himself, even at his age still got involved in the fight, his axe tearing apart shields of distracted enemies, denting armours, and nearly breaking the bones underneath.

When the battle drew to its conclusion, both armies had sent a significant number of men to their glory.

The men of Hemming were running out, but Ragnar still had more ships lying in wait, should he wish to call on them.

May those men who fled from him find salvation in the God of the Romans, and may Hemming never see their faces in Valhalla, the Earl thought, not having the strength to speak his words of condemnation aloud.

When the battle was over, Ragnar still stood tall, if a bit humbled, a few of his men still stood with him.

As for Hemming, his men lay dead or dying around him, his cousin, lie dead, face down in the blood and the mud.

The Earl stood on the slope of the hill, using all of the strength of his spirit to stand tall, he looked down at Ragnar and his men, who had put their weapons away, knowing that they had won the day.

The Earl then looked out towards Rügen, the traitors of Rønne’s new home.

The Earl held his axe high one final time, turning again towards Ragnar, as his body gave out underneath him, his axe sliding down the hill, finally to stop at Ragnar’s feet.
Cybelos [ERE]
Cybelos [ERE]

Back to top Go down

Post by Rorukheim Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:49 pm

Ragnar would look at the fallen Earl’s long axe at his feet, before his eyes turn back to the Earls crumpled body. Grabbing the weapon, Ragnar trudges up the hill. He walks next to the Earl, and flips his body over so he’s can see Ragnar’s face, before he’s sent to Valhalla. Putting the ax if the Earl’s hand, Ragnar pulls out a knife and sinks it deep into the Earls heart. Pulling it out, Ragnar watches as the old Earl life begin to drain. Ragnar gives a prayer as the Earl dies,
“Lo, There do I see my Father
Lo, There do I see my Mother and
My Brothers and my Sisters
Lo, There do I see the line of my people back to the begining
Lo, They do call to me
They bid me take my place among them in the halls of Valhalla
Where thine enemies have been vanquished
Where the brave shall live Forever
Nor shall we mourn but rejoice for those that have died the glorious death.” He pauses as the Earl sucks in one last breath.
“Go now, Earl. Must not keep Odin waiting.”
Rorukheim
Rorukheim

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum